GamaTTS is an experimental articulatory speech synthesizer, derived from Gnuspeech.
Status: (forever) alpha.
License: GNU GPLv3-or-later.
A concise documentation in HTML is available.
2. Synthesis examples
- The Chaos by Gerard Nolst Trenité (short version) synthesized by GamaTTS 0.9 (using vocal tract model 5).
|English - Male||MP3|
|English - Female||MP3|
|English - Large child||MP3|
|English - Small child||MP3|
|English - Baby||MP3|
3. Performance of GamaTTS 0.9 using the english male voice
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600AF (the software uses only one thread).
|Vocal tract model||Speech duration||Synthesis time||Real-time factor|
|0 (double prec.)||420 s||3.2 s||130x|
|1 (single prec.)||420 s||2.7 s||150x|
|5 (double prec.)||422 s||6.0 s||70x|
- The synthesis time includes the initialization.
- Vocal tract model 0 is equivalent to the one in Gnuspeech.
- Vocal tract model 1 is equivalent to model 0 but uses single precision.
- Vocal tract model 5 has more sections and higher internal sampling rate.
The multi-platform software is written in C++ and is developed and tested on Linux+GNU x86_64.
- GamaTTS - Command-line speech synthesizer and library.
- GamaTTS:Editor - Articulatory database editor, approximate clone of Monet from Gnuspeech. Uses Qt 5 or 6.
- GamaTTS module for Speech Dispatcher - Speech Dispatcher provides a common interface for speech synthesizers.
[ git repository ]